A fire caused extensive damage to the roof of a Bowman Street home in Farmingdale on Wednesday afternoon.

Firefighters said flames were shooting from the roof of the ranch-style house at 81 Bowman St., owned by Grace Montalbo, when they arrived before 3 p.m. on Wednesday. No injuries were reported and firefighters rescued a dog from the house.

The town fire department was assisted by Gardiner, Pittston, Hallowell and West Gardiner departments. The blaze started near a pellet stove in the front of the house, firefighters said.

The Kennebec Journal highlighted Montalbo in 2013 after her line of natural cleaning products was added to shelves at local Hannaford supermarkets.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.