The Lincoln County Historical Association held its 2015 annual meeting recently at the home of Tom and Wendy Eichler in Wiscasset. At the event, which is also an occasion for socializing, the business of approving the nominating committee’s recommendations for officers and new trustees was dispatched with efficiency by LCHA Board president, Ed Kavanagh.

The following officers were unanimously elected for a one-year term: President Ed Kavanagh; Vice President Merry Fossel; Secretary Christine Hopf-Lovette; Treasurer Bill Brewer. Wiscasset residents Phil Di Vece and Bill Gemmill were approved as new trustees for a two-year term.

In his brief remarks, Kavanagh commended the volunteers who have done an excellent job of preserving the Pownalborough Court House in Dresden, The Museum and Old Jail in Wiscasset, and the Chapman-Hall House in Damariscotta.

LCHA opens its three historic sites to the public during the summer, with docents on hand to provide guided tours to individuals and school groups. Behind the scenes, the Stewardship Committee volunteers take care of the upkeep and oversee technical repairs, which can involve painting or roofing, window replacements, or even electrical systems. In addition, the Collections Committee is in the process of re-examining the items in the collections at each site and transferring the data into museum software program so that the information is accessible to researchers. A special Educational Outreach program funded by a Davis Foundation grant is now in its second year of bringing local history presentations to the schools.

Anyone with interest in local history is invited to participate as a volunteer.

The Lincoln County Historical Association is a non-profit organization that provides stewardship for the 1754 Chapman-Hall House in Damariscotta, the 1761 Pownalborough Court House in Dresden, and the 1811 Old Jail and Museum in Wiscasset. For more information, visit www.lincolncountyhistory.org or Lincoln County Historical Association (Maine) on Facebook.