Twelve people were displaced by an early morning fire in Lewiston on Sunday.

The fire broke out in a first floor apartment at a multiunit building at 242 Park St. shortly after midnight, said Lewiston Fire Department Capt. Paul Fournier.

The accidental fire was caused by an electrical wall outlet.

No one was hurt. The building sustained about $50,000 of damage.

The American Red Cross is helping displaced residents find new accommodations, Fournier said.

 


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.