LISBON — Firefighters in Maine battled a series of blazes across the state, but there were no reported injuries.

A Greenbush home went up in flames in a fire reported at about 3:30 a.m. Monday. Fire Chief Donald Burr says the home was engulfed by the time firefighters arrived.

The homeowner made it out.

A fire caused extensive damage to a two-story home in Lisbon reported on Sunday evening. The long driveway and distance from a hydrant made fighting the fire difficult.

Overheated clothing in a dryer was blamed for a fire that damaged a home in Thomaston on Sunday night.

The occupants of the three-story home reported the fire just after 8 p.m. and made it out safely.

Fire Chief Mike Leo says there was extensive damage to the laundry room.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.