A police report detailing a crash Thursday in Buxton that killed a Bonny Eagle High School student says 17-year-old Edward Estey of Standish was driving his mother’s car when he lost control.

The crash killed Angel Greene, 16, also of Standish, who was thrown from the car. Her body was found about 20 yards away almost an hour after the crash by using a thermal imaging camera, according to witnesses.

Angel Greene’s mother, Christa Greene, said she believed her daughter was in her bedroom that night until police came to her home to notify her that her daughter was dead.

The four teenagers were traveling east on a straight section of Turkey Lane in a 2010 Dodge Caliber, a compact hatchback, belonging to Dawn Estey. Her son, Edward, lost control of the car near Henry Hill Road at 1:30 a.m.

The car went airborne and careened off the right side of the road, crashing head-on into a utility pole and then hitting a tree. It rolled over several times and back across the road before coming to rest on its roof facing west, according to the crash report by Buxton Police Officer Francis Pulsoni submitted Friday and approved by Chief Michael Grovo on Monday.

In the front passenger seat was Autumn Potter, 16, of Standish. In the back seat were Greene and Zakary Pacillo, 19, of Standish, the report said. Potter had previously been identified by Pacillo as Autumn Klehn, which also is the teenager’s name on her Facebook page and in the student newspaper, the Bonny Eagle Times.

The crash report says all four teenagers were wearing shoulder and lap belts, although Pacillo said last week that Greene was not wearing a seatbelt.

After the crash, Pacillo was able to get out of the car and walk to a house across the road and ask the residents to call 911. Firefighters had to extricate Potter and Estey from the vehicle.

The woman who called 911, Stephanie Christiana, said it appeared the people remaining in the car were in the backseat and were asking where Greene was.

The report says the three surviving passengers had broken bones. Estey and Pacillo had back injuries and Potter an arm injury, the report said. Pacillo was listed in fair condition Tuesday at Maine Medical Center in Portland, and he said he’d suffered a collapsed lung and broken collarbone in addition to fractures in his back. Potter’s condition was satisfactory, a hospital spokeswoman said.

The hospital said it had no information on Estey’s condition.

The crash report says a blood test was taken from Edward Estey and that alcohol and drug tests are pending, but that his condition appeared normal. Pacillo said Friday that alcohol was not a factor in the crash. Police have said speed was a factor and that the car was exceeding the posted speed limit of 45 mph, but the crash report does not estimate how fast the car was going. The report does say the driver “operated motor vehicle in erratic, reckless, careless, negligent or aggressive manner.”

Estey turned 17 two and a half weeks before the crash. His father declined to comment on Tuesday and a telephone message left for his mother was not returned.

Police and prosecutors have released few details about the crash, saying it remains under investigation and statements are being collected from the people involved. Grovo did not return a message left for him Tuesday.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

Kennebec Journal & Morning Sentinel news

Get news and events from your towns in your inbox every Friday.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.