My friend Robert Mathews of the Brooks Road in Pittsfield was drying his clothes at Dianna’s Laundromat is Pittsfield (Morning Sentinel, Jan. 6) when a dryer in use by another patron burst into flame.

Bob, a retired Army medic, took the lead, finally obtained a fire extinguisher from a business across the street, and did his best to control the fire before the fire department arrived.

Thank you, Bobby, for your ongoing service — in this and many other domains.

 

David Austin

Waterville

Related Headlines


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.